Parking Enforcement Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Township of Woolwich is surrounded by the Cities of Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge, and the Townships of Wellesley and Mapleton. Woolwich is not only known for its farms and farm markets, but also for its industry, trails and providing a rural lifestyle with all the conveniences of the city. Woolwich is comprised of an extensive rural area along with residential communities and industrial/commercial areas which include Breslau, Maryhill, Bloomingdale, Winterbourne, West Montrose, St. Jacobs, Heidelberg and Floradale.
The Council and Information Services Department is seeking Two (2) Temporary Part-Time Parking Enforcement Officers to enforce the winter overnight parking ban until March 31st , 2021 and to support parking enforcement during declared Snow Events which may extend into April. Snow events create a temporary parking prohibition for all Township streets and are usually in place for 24 hours following the end of a severe winter weather. Enforcement Officers are not expected to drive in severe weather conditions. The contract end date for these positions are April 30 th, 2021.
The successful candidates will:
• Be able to write clear, legible Parking Infraction Notices and place them on vehicles parked on-street during prohibited hours
• Be able to independently patrol settlements on a rotating, random schedule between the hours of 4:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. until March 31st, 2021
• Be able to provide support for Township of Woolwich Snow Events as they occur
• Enforcement for Snow Events may occur during daytime, evening or overnight hours and during the week or on weekends
• Be able to work outdoors in cold weather conditions
• Must be able to use their own vehicle to patrol various settlements in the Township with a primary focus on Elmira
• Be available to provide parking enforcement for the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival on Saturday, March 27th, 2021 should it proceed
Required knowledge and skills
• Post-secondary education in Law and Security, Police Foundations, or previous experience in the municipal or law enforcement sectors is an asset
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Good customer service skills
• Safe driving skills and experience driving in winter weather conditions
• Must have a flexible schedule. Officers have some flexibility in choosing their schedules
• Must have a valid G driver’s license, clean driving record, and a reliable vehicle
• Must be able to work independently
• Must have access to email
• Must be able to provide a police background check
• Must be willing to attend Court with support from the Township’s solicitor if a Parking Infraction Notice is appealed
• Must be willing to oversee the occasional towing of vehicles during Snow Events if needed
Training and support is available. Officers will be provided with identification and supplies.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume via email to email@example.com before 4:00 pm, Friday, December 18 th, 2020. Please quote job posting 2020-23.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in these positions however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Woolwich is committed to diversity and inclusion and offers an accessible workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting the needs of applicants during all phases of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats, or with accessible communication supports, upon request
Your application has been successfully submitted.