Apprentice Pipe Welder
APPRENTICE PIPE WELDER
Based out of Kitchener, but working throughout southern Ontario, SCS Refrigeration Inc. is accepting resumes for the position of APPRENTICE PIPE WELDER.
The ideal candidate will have completed academic training in welding technologies, and having experience working in an industrial environment including fitting, welding, layout and fabrication is considered an asset. After the probationary period, the ideal candidate would register as an apprentice working towards certification as a Journeyman Welder (456a) as well as TSSA certification as a pipe welder. Starting rate of pay based on experience and training and will progress through a 3-year apprenticeship to full journeyman rate.
If you have a positive attitude, enjoy working with people, are well organized and have a strong commitment to customers service this role may be right for you.
SCS Refrigeration is a progressive industrial refrigeration service & construction company; we provide excellent wages, paid vacation, company benefit & retirement plan, educational assistance, company uniforms, and tool allowance for the right person.
- Ability to obtain 456a Certificate of Qualification & TSSA Certification for 6G SMAW, GTAW Pipe welding is required
- Able to read / interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent mathematical, measuring and layout abilities
- Must be able to learn how to fit and prepare pipe for welding
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
- Must haves - Self-directed, able to make decisions, results oriented, can-do attitude
- Previous experience welding considered an asset
- Possess all required personal hand tools
- Able to travel overnight, work overtime as required, ability to work various shifts
- Build and repair industrial refrigeration systems and piping to meet customer needs
- Recommend weld repairs or replacement where necessary
- Promotes, builds and maintains good customer relations, assists in contract retention
- Responsible for assuring all tools and equipment used are in safe working order
- Work safely and responsibly, adhere to company policies, complete company documentation
- Must be a team player
If you are interested in joining a growing local company, please email resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 519-579-8370 | Fax 519-579-4997
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SERVICE - INSTALLATION & DESIGN