Float Driver / Heavy Truck Driver
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Float Operator, Heavy Truck Driver
We are seeking a Float Operator, Heavy Truck Driver to join our team!
The Float Driver is responsible for floating various types of asphalt and construction equipment, including pavers, curb machines, graders, excavators, etc. Duties may also include general maintenance and visual inspection of equipment, truck and trailer. We operate in mostly central/southern Ontario, but some travel required to Northern Ontario/ over night. (No cross-border or interprovincial - Ontario Only)
- Drive a tractor/trailer/float in a safe and efficient manner.
- Load and Unload equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure that all freight/equipment picked up or delivered is:
- Checked in and properly recorded
- Secured properly
- Loaded according to vehicle size and weight restriction
- Read and follow written and verbal directions
- Drive truck safely and efficiently in all types of weather
- Exceptional customer service
Why Work for us:
- Brand new vehicle (2021 heavy spec Western Star)
- Newer and high quality equipment
- Opportunities to travel to neat places, like mines, or shipping docs, an opportunity to operate various types of equipment
- A job that is fast paced, offers challenges, and great opportunities to experience
- Small family run business - we treat you like a member of the family!
- Min 5 years Truck Driving experience
- Previous experience in floating machinery - knowledge of how to load and unload various types of equipment
- Experience operating heavy equipment, such as loaders, dozers, excavators, etc.
- Commercial driver's license (AZ)
- Ability to handle physical workload - ability to lift heavy chains, climb up and down various types of machines to chain down and secure
- Strong work ethic - ability to be self-motivated; this role has some long hours and ability to stay focused and motivated is key to success.
- Starting and finishing time vary - ability to work early or late, some weekend work required
- Clean Driver's Abstract
Expected start date: 2021-05-25
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$27.00 per hour + Overtime
Your application has been successfully submitted.